Title: Christmas Spirit Author: Soo (soobunny@gmail.com) Pairing: Banky/Holden Rating: PG-13 Summary: A surprising reunion at Hooper's Christmas party. Disclaimer: Banky, Holden, Hooper, etc. are the property of Kevin Smith. No copyright infringement is intended or inferred. ============================================================================================================== Holden watched as Hooper faded into the crowd. Hooper had seemed way too glad to see him, but before he could pin him down as to why, Hooper had been called away for an emergency. He looked around Hooper's apartment. It was just like he imagined it to be: sleek, modern, just like Hooper with lots and lots of mistletoe. Shrugging out of his jacket, he piled it on top of the rest of the coats at the entrance. He wasn't sure why he was here - he didn't know very many of Hooper's friends. Hell, he hadn't spoken to Hooper in quite some time, so he he'd been extremely surprised when he'd been invited to Hooper's annual Christmas party. Hooper had been so insistent Holden couldn't turn him down. The worst part of it was that he wasn't in the Christmas spirit. He didn't feel jolly or even joyful. And he certainly didn't feel like celebrating a holiday that made him feel even more alone than he did during the regular course of the year. He threaded his way through the crowd, nodding to the few familiar faces he saw, searching for Hooper or anyone else who he knew more than just in passing. "Holden!" Holden swung around at his name, and his eyes widened. "Banky!" He moved towards his friend so that they didn't have to shout over the crowd. "I didn't expect to see you here." Banky pointedly glanced around for a few seconds. "A lot has changed since I've seen you last." Taking in the sight of how at ease Banky appeared, he would have to definitely agree with him. The only thing he couldn't judge by appearances was whether Banky was happy in his new life. There was only one way to find out. "Are you--?" "A fag? No. Bisexual? Yes." Holden blinked. He'd forgotten how blunt Banky could be at times. "Actually, I was going to ask if you were happy?" "I am. More so now that you are here," Banky said as he steered Holden towards the kitchen where there were fewer people and, therefore, much less noise. "I was going to call you after the holidays, but it seems Hooper has taken care of that for me." "You're the reason that he was so insistent?" Banky murmured in agreement. "I think he believes that I wouldn't call you or something." He opened the refrigerator and pulled out two beers. Twisting off the caps, he offered Holden a beer. "I have a new project that I'm working on, and I would like your help." "My help?" Holden took a sip of his beer. "You've been doing excellent work without me. I adore Baby Dave." "This is a bit more personal than Baby Dave." Before Holden could reply, Hooper slid in between them, swung his arms around them, and pulled them close. "Have you two boys kissed and made up?" "Hooper," Banky growled. "Now, now, Banky, don't get your knickers in a twist." Hooper leaned over to Holden and stage whispered, "You should kiss him. He's become quite adept, if I do say so myself. Plus, you're standing under the mistletoe." He gave Holden a quick squeeze and slipped away. Holden's eyes widened and he looked up. They were standing under the mistletoe. Of course, that wasn't really hard, given the apartment seemed to be covered in it. His gaze lowered to Banky, who looked apprehensive. Suddenly everything seemed to fall into place: Hooper's insistence on his coming to the party, the reason why Hooper seemed to be just out of sight, Banky's appearance at the party. His eyes came to rest on Banky's lips. He had wondered ever since that fateful night what would have happened if he had taken his time in kissing Banky instead of the quick peck. Hell, he had wondered why they hadn't kissed during all those years before Alyssa had come into their lives and turned it upside down. They had drifted apart in the intervening years and he had given up on the possibility of ever finding out. He licked his lips. Now here was the perfect opportunity to find out. All he had to do was lean over and kiss Banky. So he did. Banky's lips parted, and Holden's tongue swept in. He groaned as he sought out and explored new territory. A thrill coursed through him. He had no idea why they had waited so long to do this. Kissing Banky just felt right. He closed the distance between them, getting as close as he possibly could, pressing into Banky, feeling their bodies rub against each other in a whole new way. Reaching up, he cupped Banky's face and deepened the kiss. The kiss went on and on, seemingly forever. Slowly, they broke apart, panting heavily. He looked into Banky's eyes questioningly. Seeing the desire and love reflected in them, he moved back into Banky's space and leaned into kiss him again. Maybe there was a reason to be in the Christmas spirit after all.