Title: Secrets Author: Charles (jcrewguy@gmail.com) Pairing: Jay/Silent Bob Rating: R Summary: A man has to have his secrets. Disclaimer: Not mine, all hail Smith. Notes: Written for Juliette Torres's Thousand and One Drabbles: http://jmtorres.populli.net/arabiandrabbles.html ++++++++++++++++++++++ Jay wakes before Bob. He lies there, comforted by Silent Bob�s presence, his bulk. His just being there. There have been horrible times when Jay�s had a nightmare, or just woke up. And Bob�s not there. Jay hates this, because it means he has to get out of bed and search the apartment, cursing the entire time. Usually he�ll find Silent Bob watching TV. So Jay will grab a blanket and drape it over Bob and then curl up with him on the couch. There are times, though, when Jay can�t find Bob in the apartment. Those are the times that hurt Jay. His partner doesn�t think enough of him to tell him where he�s going. So Jay sits up all night until he returns, mindlessly flipping through the channels, blanket wrapped around his shoulders. He doesn�t let himself doze off. He�s too angry for that. And when Silent Bob returns, he always ALWAYS chooses that time to live up to his goddamn name. Jay swears that next time, he�ll follow to see where he goes and why it�s such a big motherfucking secret. There�s laughter in Bob�s eyes as he hears this. A man has to have his secrets.