Title: Accident Author: Jade Rating: Somewhere between PG and PG-13. Feedback/E-mail: jade27_al@yahoo.com Pairing: J/SB, who else? Disclaimer: Kevin owns Jay, Kevin owns Bob, Kevin owns Banky too. In fact, I think Kevin owns me as well. So I guess that means every thing I own belongs to Kevin too. So that means if he *did* sue me, he'd just be suing himself. Neato! Distribution: Sure, just let me know Archive: Yeah Notes: Please forgive me for this. My muse loves abusing Bob and making Jay cry. This was to avoid a worse fate for Bob (yes, there was one..). There will be more, including a happy, probably smutless ending. Ah well. My muse has been good, letting me write smut recently. I'll be good for now. ------------------------------------------------------- Jay sat on the couch staring at the TV. He wasn't sure what was on, he wasn't paying attention. Right now, he was busy worrying about Bob and chain smoking himself into the cancer ward. Bob had been gone for.. well.. a long time. Since Jay had gotten up at least. There was a note left on the coffee table, but Jay could never read Bob's chicken scratch handwriting. All he could make out was that Bob had gone somewhere and would "be back soon." Jay had read that note almost five hours ago. Suddenly there was a loud, pounding knocking at the door. "Finally." Jay breathed a sigh of relief and stubbed out his cigarette, then got up and answered the door. "It's about fucking time you came home Lun....Banky? What are you doing here?" Jay blinked in surprise. "Hi Jay. Sit down." Banky said quickly. This wasn't good. "Where's Bob?" Jay said instinctively. "Sit. Down. Jay." Banky stared hard at him. Jay sat. "Bob has... been in an accident. Got messed up pretty bad." Jay was barely able to muffle his cry. "Yeah. I'll take you to the hospital. Come on." *** "Fuck immediate family only!" Jay screamed at the receptionist. "Where the fuck is Bob!?" Banky clamped a hand over Jay's mouth. "We *are* immediate family. I'm his brother, this here.." He motioned to Jay who was glaring angrily at him and anyone who dared to look at him. "..is his.. erm.. husband." The receptionist tried not to smirk. "Alright boys, follow me. However I don't think he's awake yet." They followed the woman down the hall, Jay clutching Banky's hand in a death grip. He hated hospitals. Fucking hated them. Hated them with a fiery passion. We all on the same page? Jay didn't want to be here. "Here we are. Robert..." She squinted. "The last name is smudged, but he's in there." Banky thanked the woman and lead a trembling Jay into the room. "Don't worry Jay.. I'm sure he's.. OH SHIT!" Jay tried to stifle his scream with little success as he spun and pressed his face into Banky's chest. Bob was in horrible shape. Both of his legs were broken, along with an arm. His head was bandaged, but there was a large red patch just above his right eye, and his face was bruised all to hell. In fact, every part of skin showing was bruised. And to top it off, there were all kinds of tubes hooked up to him. Banky just stared in shock while Jay cried, his thin frame heaving with each sob. Then Banky realized Jay was talking. Not that that was unusual, but it was what he was saying. "Don't let him die, please don't let him die. I never told him, I have to tell him, please don't let him die, Oh God please don't die Bob, you can't die, don't let him die, I have to tell him, he can't die before I tell him, he can't die, don't let him die.." "Tell him what?" Banky asked softly. Jay gasped and pulled back, looking Banky right in the eye. Banky could tell he was trying to make up an lie, but within seconds he saw every wall, every barrier that Jay had built to protect himself come tumbling down. He was no longer the loudmouthed little stoner fuck telling everyone everything about how things should be, use to be, or were going to be. Now he was just scared. Scared and alone. "..that I love him.." Jay whispered quietly. And the conversation ended. Banky didn't say anything, neither did Jay. The only sound in the room was the beeping and clicking of monitors, and an occasional sniffle or choked sob from Jay. Finally after what seemed like an eternity, Banky spoke. "Well.. he's right there." Jay looked at Banky again, then over at Bob, trying to fight back the fresh tears at seeing his best friend in that condition. On shaky legs, Jay slowly made his way over to Bob's bedside and sat down in the chair. Banky quietly slipped out of the room. "Hey.. Lunchbox? Can you hear me? .. Uhm.. hi. What the fuck happened man? You look like you got hit by a God damned semi! Oh well.. that's not what I wanted to say." Jay sat there for a few minutes, completely silent. "It's too fucking quiet Bob. I mean, it's usually quiet, but.. I dunno. It's weird. You ain't making all of your general Bob-like sounds, you know? No, you probably don't." Jay sighed, then carefully took Bob's good hand in his, like he was afraid Bob would wake up and punch him for it. "Why the fuck am I so jumpy Lunchbox? You wouldn't hit me, right? Just because I'm holding your hand and shit. It's not a big deal. Anyway... shit Bob.. don't die on me. You can't die. You're fucking Silent Bob! Silent Bob can't die!" A sudden sob escaped Jay's lips. "You can't die.. because.. because I fucking love you Lunchbox, alright?" Another sob wrenched through Jay's body. But he didn't try to stop it. He just held Bob's hand in his lap and curled around it, crying. "I love you.." Then he felt it. It was so fast and soft Jay wasn't sure it actually happened, but it did. Bob had squeezed his hand. Jay let the tears fall freely, crying until he fell asleep, still holding Bob's hand. ------------------------------------------------------- *snifflesobwail*