Title: Banky; sequel to Naomi Author: Gypsy Pairing: Jay's unrequited love for Silent Bob, Banky's heartbreak over Holden. Rating: R (naughty words) Archive: If you want it, you can have it. Just tell me where you're gonna put it first. E-mail :gypsy_gray@msn.com Series/Sequel: This is the fourth story in a series. I don't have a tile yet. Help me think of one. Disclaimers: They're not mine, but I really wish they were. I'm not getting any money for this. I am however getting tingly when I think about how this is going to end. Notes: See the end of the first story in this series if you want to be spoiled for the rest of the series. Summary: Jay's broken hand makes him consider the future. Warnings: Angst, UST, Spoilers (for all the movies), A complete disrespect for canon established in the cartoons or the comics. ________________________________________________________________________________\ ____ Warm. Somebody's hand on his forehead. Bob. Opening one eye took all his strength. He was in the back seat of Banky's car. In Bob's lap. He let his eye close and tried to curl into Silent Bob' arms. The next time he opened his eyes it was to aim punch. Someone was hurting him. He felt something crunch under his good hand. Then Bob's arms were around him again. And there was a voice...Banky. "If you assholes hadn't grabbed his hand he wouldn't have hit you. I don't give a shit if your the chief of fuck me tribe! You get another doctor in here now! One who knows what the fuck their doing." Something stung his arm, he tried to ask Bob if it was a bee. Sleep reached for him again. He smelled perfume on the shoulder his head leaned against. He let himself drift. A white tile ceiling, beeping on his left, a hard as hell mattress under his back. He was in the hospital. Sitting straight up like Frankenstein probably wasn't the smartest thing to do after being sedated. Banky had to dive for him to keep the floor from meeting his head. The older man settled him gently into the bed and fussed with the blanket for awhile. Jay took the opportunity to study his friend. He didn't look good. Eyes that used to be full of mischief and laughter were dull and empty. The smile that used to be as contagious as a yawn was gone completely. In it's place there was a thin line that showed no emotion. The voice that once expounded endlessly on a thousand and one topics a second as it rushed to keep up with a briliant mind, was reduced to a hollow husking sound. All the life had been drained from him, all that was left was this one dimensional copy of his friend. Holden had either crushed or stolen all the best parts of Banky. There would be no recovery. Next to Bob, Banky was the person he cared most about in the world. He'd met Banky before he met Bob. Banky hadn't even known Holden yet. There they had been, two skinny scared little kids who no one else wanted to play with. Both of them hanging out in a neighborhood park by themselves just cause it was better then going home. Like recognizes like, they'd been friends since the second time they saw each other. But Banky's home life had improved with time, where Jay's had gotten worse. Then Banky had met Holden, Jay had met Bob...that was the end of their inseparable youth. It was not the end of their friendship. The end of their friendship began when they realized how much alike they still were. It hurt too much to watch someone go through what they could barely stand themselves, so they avoided each other. But Holden was gone now. And Bob was leaving. Jay didn't want to be alone. "Bank, you..." "You're losing him aren't you? He found somebody." "Yeah. What am I gonna do?" "You can either stay til the end or..." "No. I can't stay. I can't watch this." "Where will you go?" "Don't know." "Yes you do." When Bob came back from getting coffee, he found Banky sitting on the bed next to a wide awake Jay. He was stepped closer to see if the blonde was alright, but Jay leaned away and Banky scooted forward. His access to Jay was cutoff. He was gonna tell Banky to go when something made him look down. Jay was holding Banky's hand. Jay was holding Banky's hand so tight his knuckles were white. His friend was acting like he was afraid...of him. Bob felt his heart clench. Putting the coffee down on the bedside table, Bob turned and left the room. Jay was looking at the wall and Banky was looking at Jay, so neither of them saw Bob's face when he left. That was probably a good thing. Neither of them would've wanted to see Bob cry.