Title: Christmas Morn Author: Modgey Disclaimer: I don't own the holiday bedecked boys, namely Jay and Silent Bob, Kevin Smith and View Askew do. Sigh. Synopsis: You don't get onnnnnnnnnne! For once, I'll leave the story totally a mystery. Rating: PG 13, for language. Sorry chillins, no smut. Time Sequence: Between Mallrats and Chasing Amy, I beleive. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have the resources to check right now. ================ It was Christmas Eve morning, and Bob was agitated. Well, as agitated as Silent Bob got. Even Jay had noticed. That morning, they'd been sitting on the couch, watching their Saturday morning cartoons. Bob had his arm around Jay's shoulders, and was rubbing his arm absently. Jay himself was bouncing with an unusual amount of pent up energy, even for him. Bob angled his head and looked down at the blond bombshell. "What, motherfucker? I got plaaaaaaaaaaaaans, alright?" Bob just turned his head back to the screen. Suddenly Jay let out a huge sigh. "What the fuck is WITH you man?" Jay said with exasperation. Bob raised one eyebrow. "Well you're just sittin there all quiet and shit..." He trailed off when he saw Bob's expression, the one that clearly read "And that's unusual?" "Yeah yeah, I know, you tubby motherfucker, but I KNOW this silence. You're thinking about shit. Spit it out." Bob just shrugged and shook his head. Jay looked hurt, but he let it go, being Christmas Eve and all. The problem was, Bob couldn't think of a present to buy Jay for Christmas. Last year, this wasn't a problem. Last year, he could buy Jay any sort of smoking paraphanalia, or a new porn, and they would both be satisfied. Last year, Jay wasn't his boyfriend. Bob cracked a smile at the thought, his normally stoic face lighting up. Yeah, Jay was his boyfriend. And go figure, just the thought was enough to make him deliriously happy. No more lonely nights, sitting up, cold and alone, wishing he were in the room across the hall. Yeah, the relationship was great. Hell, it was more than great, they were in love. And at THAT thought, Bob leaned down and pressed a kiss into the blond hair below him. Mmm... peppermint.... he must have used that new Tea Tree shampoo Bob had bought him last week. 'Whoa, sidetrack, okay, back to the issue at hand. Less than 24 hours til you've gotta give the love of your life a present.' And it needed to be a good one. That was the problem. The present he gave Jay this year needed to be perfect... Something he didn't even realize he'd needed until he had it. Bob had to get out of the apartment and do some shopping. He shuddered, internally, at that, he hated shopping. But he headed towards the Eden Prairie mall, in search of the perfect gift. And all of a sudden there it was, sitting in the window of a shop. Beautifully crafted, classic. Bob left the mall with a broad smile on his kind face. * * * * * On christmas morning, Jay wandered groggily out of his room. Bob whistled at jay's red - satin - boxer - clad form. "Man don't be fuckin *whistling* at my ass this early in the morning!" Jay muttered. Bob quirked one eyebrow, and inclined his head towards a clock on the wall that read 1:30 pm. "What, tons-o-fun? Like I said, it's fuckin early!" Bob just shrugged, and swept one hand towards the presents under the christmas tree. "Nuh uh, sweetcheeks, you open yours first." Bob raised his eyebrows at the nickname; Jay was being unusually sweet. Even after they... deepened... their relationship, instances of Jay saying or doing sweet or romantic things was rare. Bob's surprise unnoticed, Jay ran back to his room, and came out bearing a large box wrapped in black wrapping paper with a huge red bow. How the boy managed to get his hands on shiny black wrapping paper, Bob had no idea. He untied the ribbon, oh so carefully peeled off the tape, took the paper, folded it up, and set it aside. Meanwhile, Jay bounced up and down on his heels anxiously. Bob lifted the cover of the gift box, glimpsing a flash of bottle green and black material. Bob lifted the heavy wool coat up out of the box, and stood up to admire it's full length. It was beautifully made out of incredibly soft wool, warm and roomy. Bob just looked at Jay, speechless. Jay grinned. "Gotta get my sexy muscle some new armor, don't I? You've had that ratty ass leather trench since I moved in here 5 years ago. Sides, Lunchbox, you'll look fuckin HOT. Put it on!" Silent Bob obliged, and slipped the new coat on over his flannel PJ's. It felt right. Impatient to get his part of the "morning" started, Bob gestured once again towards the tree. This time, Jay sank down on the floor and pulled the nearest box towards him. Picking it up, he said, "This is fucking HEAVY, Lunchbox, what's in this fuckin thing?" Bob just shrugged. Giving in, Jay tore off the paper. It was a gorgeous wooden sled, one of the old style ones with the steel runners. Jay's eyes widened in child-like wonder and awe. Mute for once in his life, he sprung up off the floor and planted a huge, soft kiss on Bob's lips. "I love you, Lunchbox." Silent Bob smiled, and spoke. "Let's go try it out." Jay ran to his room to grab clothes. * * * * * An hour later, Bob stood at the top of a hill outside Red Bank. He watched Jay's lanky form folded up on the sled, racing down the hill. Jay was covered in snow from head to foot, having been at it for 45 minutes already, and taken numerous spills. Bob couldn't wipe the grin from his face, and he didn't want to. There were no threats right now. He was so incredibly happy to see Jay getting to act like a child for the first time in his life. Neither of them had had this luxery at a young age, coming from broken homes. Jay's father had been abusive, controlling, he never gave his son a chance to be a kid. When Bob had met Jay at the age of 13, Jay was 12, and and already bore many scars from his youth. When they got home, Bob thought, he would fix Jay a cup of hot cocoa, the boy looked freezing. His normally pale cheeks flushed with cold, he also looked beautiful. Silent Bob's heart was filled with love, and the best feeling of all was the knowledge that he'd found the perfect gift. Bob hadn't realized until yesterday that the best gift he could give Jay was a childhood. Modgey. Ooey gooey Happy Gooeyness! Squee!