Author: Lamb Title: Commit Disclaimor: Not mine, I'm making absolutely no money from this Rating: somewhere in the land of NC-17 for language Summary: Jay comes over to Banky's stuff gets said, stuff sort of gets resolved. Author's Note: I've lurked for a while on your list, so I thought I'd delurk and post something. Any constructive advice would be appreciated. Thank you. Distribution: Just ask first Feedback: Welcome and longed for "can I come in?" "Who the fuck.?" The door was pushed open wide. A face stared down at him in suspicion, then the eyes cleared as recognition sparked,"Come on in Jay." "thanks, Banky. Is the walking gay pride parade here?" The kid's pinched face took in the darkened apartment's interior trying to see beyond into the bedroom. He could only make out some rumpled sheets. "His names Hooper, dickwad. No he's away at another comic book convention." "whatever, Bob um.can I stay here tonight?" Banky flicked on a lamp, bathing the apartment in illumination, which caused the smaller man to curse and cover his eyes at the sudden brightness. Banky took in the other man's appearance with a disapproving air. He looked like he'd been wearing the same clothes for weeks, at least he didn't look as thin as he had the last time Banky had seen him. "Jay, I'm tired, can you just tell me what the hell's going on? Then I'll consider letting you stay here." The kid sighed and took up residence on the arm of his sofa. He scrubbed at his eyes, and looked to be thinking hard about something. Banky was starting to get very uneasy. Finally, he looked up and into his eyes, as if seeing him standing there for the first time. "God, could you sit the fuck down, Banky? You're making me nervous." 'You're making me nervous,' he thought to himself but didn't say it out loud. He sat down on the other side of the sofa as far away from the odious man as possible. If he stayed he would insist the smaller man take a shower. "bob kicked me out," he said his voice sounding small and tired. A mean look crossed his face as he started to pound the sofa's back,"Fuck , fuck , stupid fucking asshole , fuck." Then the kid started to snort, a choking sound that sounded suspiciously like a sob. When he finally looked back up at Banky his face was blank, but his eyes were bright with unshed tears. He held the hand that had been hitting the couch to his chest gingerly. It looked bruised. "Man, don't take your problems out on my furniture." 'Lame, Banky. Real lame. Who cares about the fucking furniture. This is catastrophic. The world just shifted on it's axis.' "Stupid fat fuck wouldn't listen to me. I tried to tell him. I mean I thought he'd believe me. He just looked at me like it was some sick joke, like I was a joke. Fucker laughed at me. I said some stuff." He could see where this was going and he didn't want to deal with it tonight. Not with his lover out of town, and Holden just a couple buildings away. Shit, like this was sure to trot out all the old memories. "Take a shower, Jay. You can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep here." The kid tried to argue but he stood firm. Finally Jay nodded and scrambled off to take a shower. He handed him some of his own sweats through the door, only receiving muttered expletive in exchange for all his trouble. He shrugged the feeling of despair away, if he couldn't get his shit together he wouldn't be able to help his friend. He made sure that Jay was asleep before he took action. He gathered up his cell phone and sat down on the couch. He really was tired but he had to deal with this first before he got any sleep. He punched in a number, and crossed his fingers. It was picked up after the fourth ring. "Hello." "Bob." "Banky?" "Yeah that's me." "What's up." "Listen to me you shit. I know Jay talks a lot and I know most of it's a load of manure. But something's shouldn't be laughed at. Something's just aren't funny." He stopped to take a breath. "You get in the car tomorrow and you come here and pick Jay up and then you talk. Both of you." He hung up the phone before the other man could reply. Sometimes he hated having friends. He looked at the cell phone in his hands. Wondering if he shouldn't give Holden a call tonight. It had been along time. He stopped himself with a rueful shake of his head, dialing another number. "Banky, is that you?" "Hooper, come home." "I'm there."