TITLE: "Dropping the Subject" AUTHOR: Aiobheann RATING: R Harsh language, drug use, non-explicit m/m sexual activity. PAIRING: Jay/Silent Bob SUMMARY: Short PWP. Jay calls Bob's bluff about his "chasing Amy" story to Holden. NOTES: This is my first piece of J/SB slash. I write extensively in the Farscape fandom, though, so I popped my slash cherry a while back. This story takes place after Jay and Bob leave Holden in the diner in "Chasing Amy." I know Jay said they had a bus to catch, but just pretend they went home instead, okay? DISCLAIMER: Jay and Bob and all things "Chasing Amy" are the property of the most excellent Kevin Smith, and no copyright infringement is intended by their use here. Only the words are mine, and they are copyright Aiobheann, 2000. ARCHIVE: If anyone is archiving J/SB slash, feel free -- just keep my header and e-mail me to let me know where you put it. FEEDBACK: aiobhean@wcc.net "Chasin' Amy my fuckin' ass. You never went with no girl named Amy, man." Jay snatched off his cap, tossing it with a total lack of aim toward the couch. It landed half in and half out of a pizza box that still contained three wizened slices of cheese and pepperoni. Warming to his theme, Jay continued talking as he scrounged for a beer and a reasonably clean dinner plate in the kitchen. Bob merely rolled his eyes and carefully hung up his coat, toeing Jay's stocking cap out of the pizza box as he lowered himself to the sagging sofa. "See, I'da known if you was banging some chick named Amy, because your tired ass is always with me. And if you *were* off banging some chick named Amy that somehow *I * didn't know a fuckin' thing about, you shoulda known not to say anything about it in front of me, cause I'd kill you." Out of Jay's view, Bob bounced his head in time to the cadence of Jay's ranting, grinning. As soon as Jay emerged from the kitchen, balancing a beer bottle and a bag of weed on a dinner plate, the grin disappeared, the sarcastic head-bobbing stilled, and he assumed the patient, all-suffering look of bland amusement that he always seemed to wear. "So why'd you tell that dumbass story to Mr. FunnyBook, huh? I *know* it was all smoke blowing outta your ass -- at least it *better* be --" Jay opened the beer, then the bag of weed, and took a long swig with one hand while shaking pot out onto the plate with the other. He began to painstakingly pick out the seeds and stems, dropping them into an empty beer bottle, one of the many on the scarred, greasy surface of the dining table in the corner. "-- so explain it to me, asshole." "It was what Holden needed to hear," Bob said quietly. "I helped him find his way to his truth." "You and your fuckin' Jedi master shit. So there was never no girl named Amy?" Jay said, careful to keep his voice neutral. "You know there wasn't. Come over here." Jay stared down at the pile of pot for a moment, still absently toying with it. He glanced up at Bob, and then hardened his features as best he could, pasting on a sneer. "You go off banging some girl named Amy -- *any girl* -- and I'll get medieval on your tubby ass, got it?" "Got it." Grudgingly, Jay got up and walked over to the couch, stopping between Bob's sprawled-out knees. "You better, asshole. You don't need nobody else but me." He dropped to his knees, unzipping Bob's jeans and bending his head, blond hair spreading out over Bob's thighs like a curtain. Bob hissed in breath, head dropping of the back of the sofa as Jay worked on him. You don't need nobody else but me. For Jay -- as much as he talked, he talked about everything *but* this, the part of their relationship that just happened and kept on happening without examination or discussion -- that was pretty fucking close to a declaration of love. He knew enough to keep silent right now, as much as he wanted to say so many things that Jay would pretend not to have heard. It was only okay as long as nobody talked about it, and just having seen the look on Jay's face when he thought Bob might have been seeing someone else, no matter how long ago, was enough for now. Everything was all right. They could go on doing this, not talking about it, and that was okay. Jay swept his mouth up, swirling his tongue lazily around the head of Bob's cock, drawing another hissing moan out of his partner. "Jay?" Jay lifted his head, barely keeping the end of his tongue in contact with Bob's sensitized skin, and when he spoke, the breath carrying his words was enough to make Bob almost lose it right then. "Yeah?" "I love it when you finally shut up." END "Dropping the Subject"