Title: Epic Author: HMC Pairing: Duh. Rated: I'm unsure right now. Prolly R for horror? Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. Blah, blah, blah. Notes: The only reason this is called 'Epic' is because I'm planning for this fic to be a fuckin' long one. It'll take me a while to finish, be patient. Summary: Jay and Silent Bob are put to the ultimate test. Demons and Angels to appear. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The Ethereal world was in a state of unease. Angels, muses, choirs, abstracts, saints, even God herself knew that something very big was up. It started off as a feeling in the air: the extra sensory powers of the angelic beings picked it up immediately. But soon it had transformed into a definite sound. A howl, almost imperceptible, even to them. As time went on, it got louder. And soon that feeling in the air had gotten impossible to ignore, to dismiss. The state of bliss and peace had been disturbed. She sensed it, the wrinkles in Her forehead furrowed at the sickly feeling that crept into Her consciousness. Metatron regarded Her with a dark expression. "This does not bode well." He said, heavy accent thickening at the thought of impending conflict. A nod from Herself and Metatron was off, questioning the angels on guard, talking with the muses, and even consulting the Watchers. *Something is amiss, my darlings* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "This isn't right." Serendipity said to herself. "You're telling me." Rufus answered. The two had grown closer since the whole affair with the last scion. Since being let back up, they'd become quite famous in heaven, God was even considering letting Serendipity inspire someone in the clergy to bring out the lost scriptures that included information about the 13th apostle. It had been talked about in great length before a general state of tension had welled up underneath them. "This is seriously fucked up. I've never felt this before. Never." "Metatron isn't letting anyone see her now. I think she's going to contact Lucifer and find out what's happening. It's got to be him. What else could cause all this?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *Tell me what is happening* /A test. An experiment, if you will, to test their love for you and each other/ *You did not confer with me. That is protocol. I made that clear. More than clear* /You have never refused this before/ *This is quite different. Do not play games. Those two are under my special care and this is hardly your standard temptation* /It was hardly standard when I tempted your son, yet you heartily agreed to that/ *You are planning something.... Something far more sinister than a whisper in a hungry human's ear* /Hence all the tension you have no doubt felt lately, yes?/ *Do not change the subject. This behavior is unheard of. You will release them at once, or I will take immediate action against you and yours* /I am afraid steps have already been made to begin their test. However, I did anticipate your willingness to aid them through their plight. Please, send your minions to help, the more the merrier, as they say/ *I will not forget this, Lucifer. You may mark my words* /Yes, but then, you never forget anything, do you?/ Silence, then Blackness. ....tbc....