Title: Epic Author: HMC Pairing: Jay/Silent Bob Rated: R for Horror and Mature/Religious themes Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. I'm poor, don't sue me. Notes: This fic took a lot out of me, but I'd like to thank everyone who gave any feedback, you encouraged and gave me strength to finish this fucker. Summary: Silent Bob is put to the ultimate test. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Epilogue "Been a while since I picked up the sword," mused Metatron, flexing his wings a little. "First time since Lucifer that I ever truly wanted to." He turned towards God, handing her the flower he'd picked from an earthly garden. She took it, sniffed it, smiled and then stuck it in Her hair. *They did well, did they not?* "Of course they did. And I'm sure you're already aware, but I have grown quite fond of them. It's rare that two humans as different as them find true love." *They need each other* Metatron smiled just a little, turning towards the reflecting pool that showed the image of their two Prophets, lounging on their couch, in each other's arms. Jay had been walking with a limp for the past three weeks; the cuts on his face had faded away slightly, leaving little pink scars, barely noticeable. The larger gash on his forehead had turned into a slight delve in his skin, one that would probably be there the rest of his life. But he was alive, and he had Bob with him. Bob had said less then two words since Jay's "death," meanwhile Jay couldn't stop talking. Instead of talking when they were alone, Bob stayed in Silent Mode all the time, choosing to merely observe full-time instead of when they were dealing. Metatron raised an eyebrow. "Why hasn't he talked at all? I know he's called Silent Bob for a good reason, but why more so than usual lately?" *Because Jay is music to his ears* "Hm," was all Metatron said. "I don't blame him, though. Having to watch Jay die.... must have knocked a screw loose." *Sometimes even I do not like the way protocol works. But it had to happen, or I could not have interfered* "Speaking of which. Lucifer. He wants to meet with you. I'd tell him to bugger off, but...." She nodded, turning and gathering her skirt in one hand. ~~~~~~~~~ /...../ *You underestimated them* /I did/ *Azrael overstepped my authority. You overstepped my authority* /I envy what they have. You know I do/ *Perhaps if you were capable of unconditional love, you would understand my creations* /You created me/ *But you are capable of choosing* /I was not created to choose. I was not given a choice/ *If that were true, Lucifer, you would still be in Heaven with Me and my children* /..../ *I still regret the day you decided to leave me. As much as you refuse to believe it, unconditional love does exist. It will always exist. And I will let you in on something, Lucifer. Even I cannot break unconditional love* /..../ *Goodbye Lucifer* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Bob?" "Hm?" "I love you." "I love you too, Jay." THE END PHew!