Title: Everything is Never Enough Author: Kelandris the Mad Fandom: View Askewniverse, post-Clerks Pairing: Jay/Silent Bob Rating: NC-17 for masturbation, extreme language Status: New Archive: You must send an email to me and let me know where you intend to archive. Private archiving allowed as long as you don't intend to publish. Behave. Email address for feedback: kel@crazysheep.net Series/Sequel: Part I of an actual trilogy. At friggin' last. Disclaimers: All characters belong to Kevin Smith and the View Askewniverse. If I really get into this, I probably will too. Or at least go into hock when I walk into a video store, go into rut, and buy all the DVDs at once. Notes: Woke up with this first story in my head this morning and wrote the next two straight. Kind of cool. This is, btw, entirely the fault of Dead Grrl's plot bunnies. Outline: Jay wakes up with a typical problem. "Everything is Never Enough" by Kelandris Jay shook his head, shaking his blond hair out of his eyes, and sat up in bed. He glanced over at the bedside clock and groaned. Christ, it wasn't even noon yet. What the fuck was he doing up? He reached by instinct for the pack of cigarettes and the lighter, lit one by reflex, tossing the pack aside. He kicked free of the jumble of bedding and walked over to the closet. He swung the door open slowly, staring into the mirror bolted into the other side. Nineteen-year-old boy. On the skinny side, but some muscle definition from fighting. Pale. Fuckin' goth pale, he thought, shaking his head, but fuck if he could ever be one of those posers. Girlfriend had handed him a clove cigarette once, and he'd liked the taste, he'd even liked the way the first inhale had calmed him *right* down, like someone'd pinned him to the floor. But the only black gear he owned was his boots, bought secondhand in a military surplus shop over in Trenton, and his collection of fine band shirts, which he wore with pride. And most of the band names on `em would've caused any of those Bauhaus-lovin' motherfuckers to shriek and run for the nearest dark alcove to huddle in lacy despair. Poser fags. He smiled ironically, looking at the boy in the mirror. Oh yeah, like you have room to talk, sweet stuff, getting' chubbies for your chubby roommate. Goddamned fat motherfucker, had no fuckin' clue how hot he was, no clue how everyone started lustin' after him when he walked by. Striding through life in that black trench that fit him so damned well. Man had style, definite style, and class, but no clue. Jay sighed, running a hand through his hair. Five years. Five years he'd lived with Silent Bob, and he'd been dropping hints since six months in. And fuck, he knew Bob was brilliant, and who needed a statutory charge, he got that. Not that his family would fucking care one way or the other--Dad was dead, Mom was drunk, his one sister had run away from home a year before he had. But still, somebody could've said *something*; one meddling social worker would've been enough. And especially two years in, in their line of work, who needed trouble from the cops. Fucking cops. But then he'd turned eighteen, and it wouldn't have mattered, and hadn't he made that fucking clear at least? Silent motherfucker. Either he didn't know, or worse, he didn't care. He looked down with a sigh. Shit. Clear to this point, and now one thought... The front of his shorts were tenting out. Sighing again, he reached down and began beating his meat, thinking of Silent Bob. That soft, kissable red mouth. The soft shoulder-length hair, seal- dark and shining. Uhh... yeah... He closed his eyes, leaning against the doorframe of the closet, t-shirts brushing against his bare back. Oh, yeah... Fuck, Bob, yeah... Two precise knocks on the door, quick and succinct. "Coffee," said the soft voice, and Jay bucked forward, hearing it. Hot come splashed his hand, and he grimaced, shaking his head. One fucking thought, one fucking word, and it was all over. "Be out in a minute," he gasped, reaching for a discarded t-shirt to clean up. Shit. *Shit*. Fat motherfucker... Why the hell couldn't he be normal, and fall in love with someone had tits for God's sake? His mind skittered nervously towards one of the times he'd walked in on Bob in the shower. Well, Bob... *Fuck* that. Fuck that. He glanced towards the clock again, realizing it was just past noon. He'd been mirror-gazing for twenty minutes. Shit. He was sick of this, *sick* of it. He got dressed quickly, shoving his shorts and the tee into the basket by the bed. Hurt, and feeling the need to wound, he walked out of his room. "Hey, fat ass, what do I have to do to get some food around here?" He watched Bob sigh, and point towards the fridge with one cigarette- holding hand. Master of the elegant fucking gesture, thought Jay, sneering. Then Bob slid a mug of coffee towards him and he swallowed past a sudden lump in his throat. He stared down at the inky black liquid and knew that when he drank it, there would be enough sugar to kill four diabetics in the mug. Just what he liked. And Bob knew. Bob just knew. Five fucking years, Jay thought. Gives me everything and it's never enough. I only want what he won't give me. Shaking his head, Jay walked from the kitchen, falling onto the couch as he watched Bob fix breakfast. As both of them had known he would. Jesus, how does he stand me? END ************