Title: Florence Author: Jade Pairing: Jay/Florence (OC), J/SB Rating: Hmm.. this part... PG-13 for Bob and Flo cussing and shit like that there Archive: Yep. Feedback: jade27_al@yahoo.com Disclaimer: I own nothing.. except Florence. She's mine. Kevin owns everything else. Notes: I think I'll blame Smashmouth for this one. Damn them. ------------------------------------------------------- *** "I told you so." "Shut up." I growled into the phone. "Didn't I tell you to stop calling? But no. You just had to butt in where you didn't belong. I warned you. You fucked this up." "The fuck I didn't belong you tubby bastard!" "What, did you call for sympathy? You expect me to say 'Gosh, I'm sorry you're not fucking my ex anymore when I still miss him like a fallen angel misses God, or something? If so, you called the wrong number." "Fuck you." I was sitting in my hotel room on the phone with Bob. I would have been more articulate, but I'd just about cleared out the contents of the mini-bar. I didn't even notice the strange comparison. I just needed to talk to someone. And for some reason, I picked Bob. "So.. why did you call?" ".. I don't know." "Am I supposed to jump for joy because Jay's free?" ".. maybe." "Well I'm not. Because it means he hurts. And even though I haven't seen or heard from him in over a year, knowing he hurts, hurts me." "Well then get the fuck out here and make him stop hurting." He snorted. "Right." "Seriously. He misses you. I was just a replacement. I've seen pictures Bob. It's like a mirror." "...And even if I was considering coming out there.. how do you presume I make the trip?" "Fuck if I know. Plane, train, bus, hitchhike. Just do it. Save some other fat, brown-haired, brown-eyed chick the trouble." I swear, I could hear Bob cock an eyebrow over the phone. "I'm going now, as I feel another bout of crying coming on, and I'd rather you not hear it. Goodnight Bob." "'night." I hung up, then promptly flopped over the bed and began crying into the still damp pillow. I'd been crying all day. Damnit. My eyes hurt. I'm tired of crying. Imagine how Jay and Bob must feel.