Title: Florence Author: Jade Pairing: Jay/Florence (OC), J/SB Rating: Hmm.. this part... PG-13 for Bob and Flo cussing and shit like that there Archive: Yep. Feedback: jade27_al@yahoo.com Disclaimer: I own nothing.. except Florence. She's mine. Kevin owns everything else. Notes: I think I'll blame Smashmouth for this one. Damn them. ------------------------------------------------------- *** I was sitting on that crappy motel bed when there was a knock at the door. I'd been trying to find an apartment or where to live other than a hotel. I tried talking to Jay, but he just screamed at me more. Still didn't get my shit back. Fuck him anyway. I don't need his shit. The emotional fucker. But like I saying. I was sitting on the bed when someone knocked on the door. "No, I don't need my bed turned down. I think I can figure out how to work the blankets." I snarled at the door. But they just knocked again. Persistent fuckers. So I got up, and opened the door. Someone was there with a mirror. When the fuck did I grow a beard? That's when I realized it. "Bob?" The man nodded and cocked an eyebrow. "Oh, yeah, come in." He nodded and stepped into the small room. "How'd you find me? I didn't tell you where I was." "Star 69. Asked for your room. Hopped the next bus out here." He replied simply, then dug a cigarette out of his trench, sticking it in his mouth and lighting it. Didn't even bother asking. Or offering me one. After a long moment and half of the smoke, he finally sighed. "Where's Jay?" "Back at the house." He cocked an eyebrow. Damn. It was so much easier on the phone... when he would talk. I grabbed a paper napkin and scrawled the address on it. "Here. And see if he'll let me go get my shit at some point in the near future." Bob nodded and looked at the napkin, then looked at me. Then he just shrugged and stuffed it into his pocket and started towards the door. "Hey Bob.." He turned around and cocked that motherfucking eyebrow again. "Do you.." I bit my lip. I couldn't believe I was going to ask this. "Do you think he really loved me?" Bob wrinkled his brow in thought. "Six months?" I blinked, then realized he was talking about how long we lived together and nodded. He exhaled some smoke and eyed me. "As much as Jay has ever loved anyone." He gave me a sad, wavering smile, then opened the door and left. I didn't know whether to smile or cry.