Title: Florence Author: Jade Pairing: Jay/Florence, Jay/Silent Bob, Alyssa/Florence (barely) Rating: Overall rating, NC-17 in a couple parts, but with out those, prolly somewhere between PG-13 and R. Archive: Yep. Feedback: jade27_al@yahoo.com Disclaimer: I own nothing.. except Florence. She's mine. Kevin owns everything else. Notes: I think I'll blame Smashmouth for this one. Damn them. (lyrics at the end) ----------------------------------------------------- *** A few months, a few letters, and several tears later, it was all settled. I got my things back and moved to New York. I just had to get out of California. Too many memories. And I've always wanted to go to New York. I called the house about a week after I saw Bob, and Jay answered. For once, he wasn't screaming. He actually sounded happy. And being the stupid shit I am, I had to ask him too. "Did you love me Jay?" There was a long pause. For a moment I thought the phone had gone dead. Then he answered. "Yeah. I did. Still do. Just.. ya know. It's just.. you're not Bob." he said softly. The same old "I love you, but I'm not in love with you" bullshit. He didn't mean for it to hurt, I could tell. But it did. Just twisted that knife in my heart that'd been there from the moment I'd tried to piece this shit together. So after that, I packed up everything I could carry in a gym bag, sold everything else, then left. And now I'm here. In New York. After that little fiasco, I decided to swear off men for a while. Turned out to be for the best, too. I managed to loose a few pounds and met this great woman, name's Alyssa. She kinda reminds me of a pixie. Short blonde hair, kinda a button nose, and a fairly high voice. You probably know who I'm talking about. She does that comic.. shit.. what's it called... Right. Idiosyncratic Routine. It's good. Anyway, back to the whole main focus of this. I guess once Bob showed up at home, Jay screamed at him for a while, then broke down in tears in his arms, telling him everything. How he missed him, how he loved him, et-fucking-cetra. From what I could gather though, they both still have a lot of shit to work out. But, Jay's happy. When I talked to Bob for a brief minute, he didn't sound as bitter. He was happy too. Told me they were contemplating moving home to Jersey. I pondered about visiting them if they did, but it would just hurt. So I won't. And you know, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm happy too. Happy for them, happy for me. I guess things happen for a reason. And what the hell. It was good ride while it lasted. I don't regret it. END .:Flo:. by Smashmouth. Album "Fush Yu Mang" Your friends keep telling me I bear a striking resemblence to someone you used to know But baby it's me So why the hell do you keep on calling me "Flo?" And I would hope That you would have the decency to Let me go In case of an emergency But you keep reassuring me Telling me to just quit tripping on it And maybe that's me I guess that I should probably get a grip on it "But" it's hard to do Everytime I see that tattoo Over your heart It ain't right I can't even look at you Why you doing what you doing? You should be doing what you want Who the fuck you think your fooling? She's the one, the one you want Florence if you hear this won't you Come and take your girlfriend back She's been calling out your name Everytime were in the sack She's been a mess since you've been apart So Flo if you had half a heart Florence can you hear me? Can you hear me Flo? Florence can you hear me? Can you hear me Flo? We've been going for a while But lately she's been somewhere else She don't even smile And I think it's a cry for "help" And I would pray That you would have the common courtesy To take her away It's ain't right, she don't belong to me Why you doing what your doing? You should be doing who you want You're the only one you're fooling She's the one, the one you want Florence if you hear this won't you come and pick your girlfriend up She's been talking in her sleep, and I think I've had enough She's been a wreck since you've been away So Flo if you have something to say Florence can you hear me? Can you hear me Flo? Florence can you hear me? Can you hear me Flo? Florence can you hear me? Can you hear me Flo? Florence can you hear me? Can you hear me?