Title: Fools Rush In Author: Grampy Volvo Archive: Yup. If you ask first. Feedback: STRONGLY ENCOURAGED. Even if it is harsh. Pairing: Jay/ Silent Bob Rating: PG-13 for content, R for language. Warning: Songfic. First attempt at PG-13 with this pairing. Written very late at night. A/N: I'm not entirely sure I used the phrase "Fuckin' A" correctly, but I think I got my point across anyway. The song is "Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space" by Spiritualized. Disclaimer: I don't own a thing. I don't make any money off of this. This is just good, clean fun. Well, at least good fun. ;) ================================== All Jay and Silent Bob could hear as they stared at the blank TV screen was the rain's assault on their windows. They sat lazily on the couch, knowing better than to go out in such weather to smoke, not knowing what to do instead. Bob peered at the various piles of junk and one of them caught his eye. He walked over to the pile with a smile n his face, like a zombie with fresh brains in its sights. "Hey, Bob, what the fuck are you doing?" Jay cursed even when he wasn't angry. He turned his head to see Silent Bob holding a Blockbuster DVD case. "Well? What is it?" Ignoring Jay's inquiry, Bob walked over to the DVD player, turned it on and popped in the disc. He tossed the empty case to Jay and sat back down on the couch next to him. "Vanilla Sky." Jay read the label slowly and carefully. "Heard it was shitty." Bob rolled his eyes at his friend's eternal pessimism and turned his attention to the screen. If there was anything Silent Bob hated, it was whenever Jay was right about something. Jay couldn't have been more right about the movie. Not even fifteen minutes had passed before the two felt their eyelids growing heavy as boulders. Jay yawned, removing his skull cap and throwing it aimlessly, and his head made a soft thudding noise as it hit Silent Bob's shoulder. Bob looked down at Jay's face but all he saw were sandy waves of hair covering it. He put his arm around Jay's shoulders and gave his arm a protective squeeze before resting his head on his and joining him in his slumber. The harsh white light of the television screen awakened them both. The rain had subsided to a soft tapping and it was dark outside. "Oh shi --" Bob cut off Jay's expletive with an index finger on the lips and pointed at the television. "What?" Jay asked. Bob pointed to his ear. "The song?" Bob nodded. "I like it too," Jay said and he finally stopped talking. He looked into Silent Bob's eyes and kissed him slightly on the cheek. *I've been told Only fools rush in, only fools rush in* Silent Bob turned away from the screen to see Jay's warm, inviting, viridian eyes locked with his. "You're a fool," he said, smiling, almost hesitating to speak before he captured Jay's mouth with his own. *I could still fall in love with you* Jay hugged Silent Bob as tightly as he could as their tongues danced around each other. Bob's hands softly grasped Jay's slim hips as his tongue delved deeper to taste the forbidden unfamiliarity of his now ex-hetero life mate's mouth. He smiled, though, as he tasted the sweet unmistakable familiarity of beer and pot. Silent Bob broke the kiss, satisfied that he had finally gotten Jay to shut up (a seemingly impossible feat), and kissed him warmly on the neck. *I will love you `til I die And I will love you all the time* He gasped loudly as he felt Bob's tongue graze the skin on his neck. "Oh, fuck yeah," he moaned, breaking the silence. Silent Bob's kisses grew hotter and they sent shivers up Jay's spine. "Oh yeah, that feels fucking good," he hissed, lowering his head to give Bob easier access. *So please put your sweet hand in mine And float in space and float in time* "Got any fucking lube?" Jay whispered into Silent Bob's ear. Bob pulled an empty lube container out of his trenchcoat pocket and shrugged. "Fuckin' A," Jay said, disappointed. Silent Bob yawned, looking out of the window and seeing the bright full moon. "We gotta fucking sleep," said Jay, looking into Silent Bob's eyes with fatigue but also intensity. Bob nodded, laying on his side and pulling Jay down in front of him. He reached over him, grabbing the remote and turning the TV off, then hugging Jay close and kissing him on the cheek. "I love you," he said in a low, almost inaudible voice. "I love you too, man," said Jay as he laid back in Bob's arms. They both closed their eyes, hearing only each other's slow breathing and the falling raindrops as they drifted into dreams.