Title: Gold Author: Kelandris the Mad Fandom: View Askewniverse, general Pairing: Jay / Silent Bob Rating: Mushily G Status: New Archive: wherever you want, full permission, just lemme know about it. No, I don't believe grabbing it from the list requires a note. :> E-mail address for feedback: kel@crazysheep.net (as I'm having problems with Hotmail and I'm keeping Insub as clear as possible) Series/Sequel: What, the world really needs Hairbraiding, the Sequel? None planned, but you never know. Jay's got nice hair. Disclaimers: All characters belong to Kevin Smith and View Askewniverse. If I really get into this, I probably will too. Or at least go into hock when I walk into a video store, go into rut, and buy all the DVDs at once. Notes: Taylor had to mention hair when I'm not quite awake�This is entirely Taylor Jameson's fault. Plus, it was not beta-tested. This was a half-hour story, tops. Summary: Jay wants his hair braided. Bob obliges. Warnings: It's a HAIR-BRAIDING story, there need to be warnings?!? Pre-relationship story. No sex. Some heavy breathing. "Gold" by Kelandris Jay stormed out of the bathroom, hair dripping, brush in one hand, a purple hair elastic in the other. He had a fading bruise high on his forehead, and his lips were curled back in a snarl. "I am *beyond* fucking sick of getting in fights with these shit-for- brains gangbangers and having them pull my damn hair! This is ridiculous. I mean if they wanted to be girls, why don't they just kick me in the nuts and run off like all the others? But no, they gotta pull the damn hair. That just fucking *hurts*, man!" Bob looked up from his comic book, quirking an eyebrow. Both brows shot up when Jay sat on the carpet in front of him, holding both hands over his head. "Could you braid my hair?" This was new. Bob looked at the hairbrush, and at the hair band, then at the top of Jay's head. He shrugged, and took the brush. "Sure." Carefully, he began to brush out Jay's hair. There were some tangles� even the best conditioners can't remove everything, and he knew Jay was fanatical about good conditioners�but by and large, it was easy to brush out. He fell into a nice rhythm, even, brushing from scalp to hair ends, moving his fingers over the silky blond strands. "Mmm," the younger man said. Bob swallowed, but kept going. It felt too nice on his palms. Carefully, he separated the gold length into three sections, and started braiding. The backs of his fingers brushed over Jay's neck. He felt the blond shiver once, and hunch his shoulders, and that eyebrow shot up again. He unbraided the small section he'd started. "Sorry," he said softly. "Missed some." Again he smoothed the hair down, this time paying more attention to lifting up the main hair mass and�under the guise of hair straightening�brushed the back of his hand over the nape of Jay's neck, just where the baby-fine, baby-soft hairs were. Jay breathed out audibly, and sat absolutely still. "Got it," Bob said. "Yeah," Jay whispered. Silent Bob smoothed everything down and then as an afterthought, brought all the hair forward so that it hung straight. Then he swept it back, tucking his fingertips underneath and drawing it forward behind Jay's ears. His index fingers traced the same path behind both ears until the hair was once more ready to be braided. Jay inhaled sharply, shuddering, pressing back against Bob's legs. Bob leaned over Jay, tilting his head up so that Jay was staring into his eyes. "I didn't pull your hair, did I?" Bob asked. "Fuck�no, man." The blond's voice sounded unusually subdued. "My ears�they're, um, sensitive." "Oh. Sorry." He bent to the task of smoothing hair again, and listened. Jay's breathing was erratic, now. Bob leaned forward, combing his fingers from the front of his hair down to the back of his neck again, and caught Jay licking his lips. He very carefully didn't smile, not knowing whether Jay would catch it or not. Once more he separated the strands, and began braiding. This time it went fairly quickly, gold section over gold section over gold section. The warmth of his hands was heating and drying the hair to a certain extent, mostly just the outer layer, and he enjoyed that too-the feel of warm, damp hair alternating with the chill of wet. All too soon he reached the end of hair, and briskly wrapped the end of the braid with the elastic. Jay turned and rose to his knees, just for a moment sitting between Bob's arms. He looked into Bob's eyes for a long moment, intense blue glowing into warm, honeyed brown. He bit his lip, leaning forward. Neither of them moved for a few heartbeats. Then Jay stood, taking the hairbrush from Bob's suddenly nerveless fingers. "Thanks, Bob. That's gonna help." He walked back into the bathroom to put the hairbrush away. "Anytime, Jay," Silent Bob whispered. "*Any* time." END ****************