Title: My Only Everything Author: Kelandris the Mad Fandom: View Askewniverse, general Pairing: Jay/Silent Bob (smarm) Rating: PG-13 for language Status: New Archive: You must send an email to me and let me know where you intend to archive. Private archiving allowed as long as you don't intend to publish. Behave. Email address for feedback: kel@crazysheep.net Series/Sequel: Original one-shot, most likely Disclaimers: All characters belong to Kevin Smith and the View Askewniverse. If I really get into this, I probably will too. Or at least go into hock when I walk into a video store, go into rut, and buy all the DVDs at once. Notes: Ah, waiting for a movie and got down, thought I'd take it out on the boys. Summary: Jay finds a poem. (Yes, the poem's mine. Diabetics beware.) "My Only Everything" by Kelandris The young man walked into the room, his long blond hair curling down his back, pulling off a black knit cap as he did so. Kicking the door closed, he tossed the cap and his coat on the floor and walked into the kitchen, peering inside the humming recesses, finally grabbing a beer and making his way back to the couch. He tapped out a cigarette from the pack of smokes he'd bought, tossing the rest of the pack on the cluttered coffee table. He looked over, smiling a little as he took in the figure on the couch. The man on the couch, still wearing a black leather trenchcoat, was fast asleep, his lips under the fringe of dark beard and mustache moving with his breath. The backwards cap he generally wore was hanging by the strap from the corner of the coffee table, leaving his dark brown hair to fall across his face, obscuring one closed eye entirely. An open book was tented on his chest, a sheet of paper underneath it. Curious, the blond man reached for the paper, sliding it out carefully and unfolding it. He read the words written there slowly, his lips moving, his brow furrowing with the effort of puzzling out each phrase correctly. "every day I see you every day I think of you you are the sun I track across the sky and my world is empty without you I count the twelve hours of the night waiting for your return and only in my daylight hours when I see you can I truly live "everything would wither without you all the stars would fall all life would end without you but I am mute, I cannot speak to tell you tell you, you are the only light I see the only reason for my breathing my only everything for which the rest would mean nothing" Holding the poem, the young man stepped close, jostling the sleeping man on the couch. The dark-haired man jerked awake, blinking, and the blond waved the poem in front of his face, snatching it back as he reached to grab for it. "Fuck, Silent Bob, you sure read some stupid shit. Get your fat ass off that couch, we gotta party to go to." Blinking, Silent Bob rubbed his eyes and sat up. His eyes tracked the blond as he casually crumpled up the poem he held, tossing it towards the back of the apartment. Bob frowned. "Jay, that was--" The blond interrupted. "That was holding us up, Lunchbox. Come on now, bust a move, we gotta go! We gonna miss the fucking bus and then where the fuck'll we find buyers for all this fancy shit you talked me into?" Bob looked at him warningly, shaking his head. "Oh-KAY, tubs, okay, all that shit *I* talked us into, you all happy now? Come on, we're leaving." Bob, still sleepy, ambled into the bathroom. Jay quickly stepped to the poem on the ground, ducking into his room for a moment. He unfolded it carefully, grabbing a thumbtack and tacking it to the wall where he could see it. He leaned close, reading it again, turning only when Bob tapped impatiently on his door. Quickly he turned the lights out, opening the door so quickly Bob almost fell into his room. He pushed him back, pushing past him and grabbing the knit cap and his jacket from the floor. "Fuck, dude, you wanna get in my room so badly, go already, I ain't stopping you! I don't want no jizzed-up sheets, though, I don't care how much you dream of me. Noonch." Waggling his hips and sneering, he sauntered to the door, Bob slowly following. And all the while Jay's head was ringing as three words filled his mind: "My only everything." It was all he heard on the way to the party, and no amount of empty words he threw at Bob chased those three Bob had written away. Poetry and shit. Man, that was all he needed. END *************