Title: Nervous in Your Own Jeans Author: Kelandris the Mad Fandom: View Askewniverse, general Pairing: Jay/Silent Bob poem-fic. Rating: PG-13, maybe, for adult topics and a little language. Some kissing, heavy angst. Status: New Archive: You must send an email to me and let me know where you intend to archive. Private archiving allowed as long as you don't intend to publish. Behave. Email address for feedback: kel@crazysheep.net Series/Sequel: One-shot. Another Jay-in-a-club thang. Disclaimers: All characters belong to Kevin Smith and the View Askewniverse. If I really get into this, I probably will too. Or at least go into hock when I walk into a video store, go into rut, and buy all the DVDs at once. Notes: Jay on drugs; seems to be a theme. :> At least this was a nice trip. I have no idea where this came from, either. Summary: Jay tries to escape Bob's memory, and damn if that boy isn't good at tracking his ass down. "Nervous in Your Own Jeans" by Kelandris Pretty boy standing on the wall uncomfortable in your own skin nervous in your own jeans finger in your hair Boy with blond locks, at the edge of the silver metal floor. Shimmying on the sidelines, wearing greyed denim and faded black. Watching the lights, watching the dancers. Watching himself in the mirrors lining the far wall, segments of his reflection eaten by words he can't read. Boy named Jay, denied a last name, didn't care to use it. Honoring his father was the last thing in his head. Right now, his head held too much of someone else to think of his father, and the tangled issues of love and hate and responsibility there. Right now his head was full of a certain bearded face, a certain pair of warm brown eyes, and that fast, he was on the dance floor, jiving with the swaying mass, feeling the pink circles Laina had passed him melting on his twitching tongue. Laina and her pinks. She said she made them herself. He asked her once what was in them, and she just laid one finger on his lips, a purple-nailed finger redolent with the flavors of cloves and salt, sugar and citrus. "Dreams and desire, sweetness," she'd said. "Lust and honey. Makes the stars shimmer, kid, finest kind." And she'd removed her finger from his ardently sucking mouth, still smiling, and walked past him. Her hand grazed across his, placing something in the palm, and he looked down to see a silver tin wrapped in pink tissue paper. When he opened it, and dug through another square of pink tissue, he saw half a dozen small pink circles. A gift. An obligation. A challenge. Jay loved a good challenge. Finest kind. angel on the dance floor eating acid lollipops to make your skin fit better Jay now, in the mix on the dance floor. The lemon-crystal, musky- sweet circles on his tongue dissolved, liquified, running down his throat in streams of sweet fire. Blond boy moving in the crowd, hoping one of them, two of them, all of them will take away a certain pair of rich brown eyes, staring into his, staring so long and so hard that they just might figure out his secret. Jay's secret. The secret of everything. Why he lived with Bob, why he fought alongside him, why he fetched him beer and rubbed his feet and put up with his stupid John Hughes fetish. Also why he argued so much with him, insulted him so much, chased so many skirts around him. Staving off the inevitable. Staving off the admission, even to himself. Staving off the possibility. Of Bob. Silent Bob. His Muscle. His other half. Twitching, he ran to the center of the crowd, the dancers parting like a secret dream, as if he'd choreographed them all. Running and dancing, ducking and leaping, anything to escape the thoughts circling in his head. Spinning, darting, moving back to the edge of the metal, grooving by the door, dancing by himself. feeling like a movie star invincible His blood felt hot, pounding through him, as he spun on the edge between the black boards and the silver floor. Spinning, he was spinning, pulsing green lines cracking through the walls, the ceiling, the dance floor, invading reality. Shimmer and sparkle, and he could feel his hair, flying, flying...He stretched out his arms, laughing, looking up, and strong arms caught him, pulling his face down. he is your heart as you are his tonight bathed in neon He looked, and saw something true, something familiar, someone with a dear bearded face and a glossy black trench. He reached out, his hands tracing the contours of the beard, the lips, ruffling through the dark, dark hair, still shoulder-length after everything. All the thoughts, all the memories rushing at him, spinning him, making his hair fly out in an arc around him as his head spun around. Oh, yeah, he thought, fuck, yeah, let's do this. Yeah, Bob, this is a good dream, this is a very...good...dream...Pulling him close, he kissed him, free to act, free to react, free to enjoy and kiss and nibble and lick, from his lips across his jawline to his ears, hearing a gasp that sounded too loud, sounded too close, sounded too...real. Jay, eyes like stars, pulled back and blinked, and Silent Bob was standing there, staring at him. He didn't say anything, he just shook his head towards the door. Not knowing what else to do, he trailed after, as always. Going home, he thought. Going home with Bob. truth is always the hardest drug "Oh, fuck," he said aloud. END (Poem from http://www.gaypoetry.com - dannyboyblue's "nervous in your own jeans" ****************