Title: Nothing In The World Author: Charles (jcrewguy@gmail.com) Pairing: Jay/Silent Bob Rating: R Summary: Bob reflects on Jay. Archive: List archive, my site (www.allmyfault.net) Disclaimer: They aren't mine. Not making any money off this. ********** Silent Bob looked down at Jay. He had fallen asleep again. Bob didn't mind, though. It meant he could watch Happy Scrappy, Hero Pup without Jay making what Jay thought were snide comments but were really things like, "Yeah, you fuckin' son of a bitch." Bob looked around the living room for the remote. Shit! It was on the other side of Jay. How the hell was he going to get it without disturbing him? Silent Bob moved, ever-so-slightly just to see if Jay would react. Nothing. Silent Bob let out the breath he didn't even realize he'd been holding and reached out, calling upon the power of the Force. Just in case he couldn't reach it on his own. Just as Bob wrapped his fingers around the remote, Jay stirred. "Goddamn cocksmokin' sons of bitches! Try 'n' take my weed, fuckin' monsters." Bob's eyes widened in alarm. He looked around frantically as he gingerly, ever so gingerly switched the remote to his other hand and then began to stroke Jay's hair. Silent Bob's stubby fingers twined through the golden strands as Jay settled back down against his hetero lifemate. Silent Bob relaxed and stopped stroking Jay's hair. He wrapped an arm protectively around Jay's shoulder and held him tight. "I love you, man," Bob told the sleeping Jay. Silent Bob pressed play and settled in to watch Happy Scrappy frolic for the next ninety minutes. As the credits rolled, Bob stretched and Jay woke up. Jay looked at the T.V. screen and recognized the tinkly music. "Aww man, don't tell me you're watchin' that gay ass shit again?! You're gonna wear that fuckin' tape out and we'll have to get another one." Silent Bob said nothing, as was his wont. His Jay. He wouldn't have traded him for anything.