Title: Rockin' New Year Author: Grampy Volvo Pairing: Jubilant Jay and his friend Silent Bob. Rating: I didn't think it was possible, but yes -- I have created a PG J/SB fic. Woe is me, for I am getting soft in my old age. Ooh, but I can give it an R for language!! Archive: Yes, with permission. Feedback: Pretty please? Disclaimer: All fiction. I own no rights to anything involved in this story. Author's Note: At the moment that I was writing this note, sometime around 11:45pm, I don't actually know for sure who the host of this year's New Year show is. I just heard some things. Also, at certain points in the story, two potential puns have surfaced that I decided not to draw attention to because they are too horrible to be awesome. Third of all, Jason Mewes is nothing short of a perfect 10 in the J&SBSB extras, even though he is high. Another thing I would like to add -- I do not personally know Carson Daly and while he may be the sweetest person you'll ever want to meet, I hate the personality (or lack thereof) he displays on television. Warning: Unbeta'd, jsut liek evrything else I've wirttenso far. +++++++++++++++++++ Snow fell heavily on New Year's Eve, harshly reflecting moving headlights into two pairs of eyes peering out of a first-story apartment window. Feeble attempts at decoration, including a pinkish yellow-green "Happy New Year" sign, stood pristinely -- untouched, stationary, lifeless. The entire apartment was quiet. Jay sighed noisily, breaking the ice and getting up to pace. "Guess no one's coming to party with us." Silent Bob stared out the window for a few moments and shrugged as he watched the numerous cars pass the building by. He turned away from the window to eye Jay, who had been wearing a hole in the floor in front of the couch. Jay stopped when he felt eyes on him. "What?" he yelled, more disappointed than angry. He sharply spun around as Bob turned the television on. "Are you ready for the most rockin' New Year ever?!?!?" The voice practically assaulted Jay and Silent Bob, and the flashing lights and colors nearly sent the two into seizures. The subsequent roar of the Times Square crowd made them feel as if they were actually there, and not in a good way. Bob turned the volume down. Jay sat heavily on the couch, almost pouting at the screen before him. "I can't believe I'm stuck here watching that Carson Daly asshole," he grumbled. Silent Bob rolled his eyes and went to the kitchen. "What the fuck are you doing in there, Lunchbox?" he heard from the living room, and actively ignored. When he returned, he had two full glasses of bright red liquid. Jay's lips curved into a mischievous smirk. "Jungle Juice," he said reverently, putting the glass to his lips and taking a gulp. "My favorite," he added, smiling lingeringly at Silent Bob before turning his focus back to the television. "Alright now, we're getting ready for a commercial break but stay tuned! Just one more hour left in 2004!!!" yelled Carson Daly, eliciting shrieks from his surrounding fans. Jay rolled his eyes. "'Bout time he shut the hell up," he said indignantly, staring almost through the screen. Silent Bob chuckled audibly and Jay smiled back at him, taking another sip of Jungle Juice. "And we're back!" Carson smiled vacantly at his assumed audience. Jay and Silent Bob groaned. "This the only channel we got?" Jay asked, sounding almost resigned. Bob shrugged sadly and gestured towards the coat hanger "antenna". Jay got up, drank down the last of the juice and kicked off his shoes. "Might as well get out of my clothes," he said as he stripped down to an undershirt and plaid boxers. Silent Bob tried desperately to concentrate on the TV. As Bob silently viewed the moving pictures, Jay laid on the couch, laying his legs across Silent Bob's almost absentmindedly. Bob stared at the thin, bare legs in front of him, trying to remain composed and contemplating where to comfortably rest his hands. He took the large last gulp of his glass' contents, placed the glass on the table and cautiously rested his arms across Jay's shins, peeking peripherally to get Jay's reaction. For once, the stoner seemed utterly unfazed. Silent Bob, rather enjoying the new and unfamiliar contact with Jay, gently laid his hand on Jay's calf, rubbing it subtly with his thumb yet staring straight ahead at the time on the television as it wound down. "Bob?" Jay looked at the hand on his leg and peered up at its wide-eyed owner. "Um --" Silent Bob looked directly into Jay's eyes and smiled warmly before turning back to the TV. "Five minutes and counting down!" came the voice from the TV speakers. Jay glared at the screen, momentarily unaware of his friend's reaction. He blinked as he looked back at Silent Bob. "Waaaait a minute -- really?" Silent Bob rolled his eyes playfully and nodded. Jay sat up rapidly, putting both feet on the floor and almost squinting at Silent Bob. "Really," he said contemplatively, letting it marinate more than questioning the prospect. Silent Bob couldn't help but smirk. "Five!" Jay looked at Silent Bob. "So . . ." "Four!" Silent Bob reached out in front of him and pushed Jay's hair behind his ears. Jay's smile turned into a nervous half-grin. "Three!" Silent Bob softly caressed Jay's bare shoulders, admiring the form beneath his fingers. "Two!" Jay finally exhaled, fully believing that all of this was happening to him. "One!" Both men closed their eyes as they moved in for the inevitable kiss. "Happy New Year!" Jay and Silent Bob's lips met after wait seemed like a lifetime of waiting. Finally they tasted each other, finally they held each other in their arms. Finally Silent Bob ran his fingers through the dirty blonde hair he had admired from afar for so long, and Jay could finally enjoy the warmth he knew was in Silent Bob but could never feel. Bob tasted the faint vodka and Hawaiian Punch on Jay's lips as he parted them for a deeper kiss. Jay moaned softly, opening his mouth further and stroking Silent Bob's tongue with his own. Silent Bob gently pushed Jay away and locked eyes with him. "Amber." Silent Bob's single word seemed to shake Jay's very foundation. He thought for a moment before speaking again, never breaking eye contact. "Your eyes are the most beautifully shining amber I've seen in my life." He took Jay's face in his hands and tenderly kissed him on the forehead. Jay smiled. "You are one sappy motherfucker, you know that?" Silent Bob blushed as they both got up to stretch their legs. Jay turned the television off. The two walked to their adjacent bedrooms and looked at their respective doors. They turned to each other to speak at the same time. "Um . . . " Jay's voice was first to be heard. "Do you want me to --" Silent Bob gave Jay a questioning look. "No! Not that, I mean. Just, you know -- sleeping and shit." Jay rubbed the back of his neck, searching his friend's face for a response. Silent Bob smiled, took Jay's hand and led him into his bedroom. "Fuckin' A," Jay mused, laying on the bed and submerging himself in blankets. Silent Bob threw off his trenchcoat and jeans before kicking off his shoes and joining Jay. "Good night," Bob whispered, clearing away long waves of hair to kiss Jay's neck. "Morning, dumbass." Jay shifted closer to the warmth behind him and he felt an arm snake over his waist. "What a way to start the new year, huh." He smiled and turned to face Silent Bob. "Well, I mean, fucking Bush is still president, people are killing each other all over the damn place and bums still can't get a motherfucking job --" Jay paused as Silent Bob raised an eyebrow. "But I got you, and that makes me feel a little better, ya know?" Silent Bob laid there, having been shocked to the point of almost expressionlessness. "Ah, whatever, I'm sleeping," Jay exasperatedly said, turning around and closing his eyes. Bob smiled to himself as he dozed off, realizing that his partner in crime could be a sappy motherfucker too.