Title:Say Goodnight (1/1) i hope.. Author:Ember Graze Pairing:J/SB , J/a nameless one night stand Archive:I like archives! Disclaimer:I like to preten that i own Jason Mewes but most people just think i'm stoned. Note: Ok, i said that i would probably lurk for awhile but then i heard this great Jump, Little Children song and the songfic just sorta happened. Does anyone else here remember Jump, Little Children? It's like they disappeared or something. Anyway, on to the angst... (I heard you late last night/ You know you talk too much/ Not everything comes through these walls/ But just enough/ To hear the things that I don't want to hear) The sounds were fimiliar to Bob. At first the door opened and closed and then the giggling started. It was after two in the morning and Bob had been laying in bed for 3 hours hoping that Jay would break his late night ritual of finding a good one night stand. Bob could hardly take it anymore. Every night he would be forced to listen to Jay's melodic moans of pleasure and then he would awake the next morning to find Jay on the couch, the women gone, the empty look in Jay's eyes. Now Bob understood the need for a good lay but wether Jay would admit it or not it was obvious that this string of meaningless relationships was begining to wear him down. Jay like to pretend that he didn't want to be loved or cared for but Bob knew better, and it was for that reason that it tore him up to hear Jay with his new catch. Nope, no routine changes tonight. (I heard you late last night/ I wish I had my distance/ I hear you crash around and say/ That no one listens) It was almost an hour later and Bob had actually fallen asleep when he was almost startled awake by the loud banging of the headboard of Jay's bed. Things seemed to be going as normal and Bob, who was starting to get hard just imagining the scene in the other room, was begining to contemplate pulling himself over the edge when suddenly the noise next door haulted. That was when Bob heard it, the sobbing, Jay's sobbing. (I wish that I would hear you say goodnight) He heard a women's furstrated sigh and the door to both Jay's room and the housse itself both open and then slam shut again. And Bob fought the urge to go to Jay. Jay being vunerable was horrible because it put him in a desperate mode of insults. Besides he reasoned, he'd been throwing out hints for years and the boy was obviously not interested. It was better to learn not to care for him rather than have his love unreturned. Afterall, he didn't care. He didn't care who Jay was with or how lonely Jay felt. He didn't care at all. Yeah nice allusion to live under Bob. You know that nothing will make you able to ignore those sobs. And with that he head catiously to Jay's room. (Nobody cares/ Especially me/ But I can't help myself/ As I fall asleep/ To turn out the lights/ Turn back the sheets/ Say goodnight and turn me on/ Turn out the lights/ Turn back the sheets/ Turn me on) Bob slowly opened the door to Jay's room and there lay the most heart wrenching site he had ever seen. Jay lay, still naked and at half mast Bob couldn't help but notice, curled in a fetal position and sobbing. Bob stared for a few moments before he mustered up the courage to approach Jay, gently resting a hand on his shoulder. Jay jumped up to face Bob and the tirade began. "What the fuck are you doing in here?!? I know yous want my man meat pretty bad but that don't give ya no right to invade my privacy and come running all up in my room while i was...i was.." And the sobbing began again. Jay fell limply into Bob's arms and snuggled into his chest putting up no fight now. "Ya know I could get any piece of ass I want but Is couldn't get anyone to care for me even if i tried. And I DO try Bob but still noone cares. And it hurts no matter what they say. It hurts." Bob grabbed Jay's chin and angled his face toward him. Then he stared. And Jay stared back. Utter silence. For the first time since they met neither of them spoke a word and that's when Jay finally saw it. The look in Bob's eyes which clearly read 'I care about you, you stupid bitch'. And then Bob kissed him. Gentle, loving, and yet incredibly erotic. Intoxicating in every way Jay decided. (I heard you late last night/ You were in such a hurry/ Not a sound behind these walls/ Makes me worry/ I wish that I could hear you say goodnight.) They broke apart and panted for a moment. "I want more." Jay said. "Jay," Bob began softly, "I want more too. I have for longer than you probably realize. But not now. Not tonight, when we could just spend the night together in one bed. Leave sorting through all our feelings 'till the morning and just be perfect for the moment." And they laid together. Cuddling and and each one planning for the future in his own head. And that was when Jay said it. "Goodnight Silent Bob." And Bob's mind was eased. "Goodnight Jay." (Say goodnight.../ Say goodnight...)