Title: Soul Connections (3/?) Author: Ember Graze Pairing: J/SB Disclaimer: I don't own Kevin Smith or Jason Mewes, and I'm pretty sure that that is a good thing. Sequels: There shall be more...unless you want me to quit. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Jay had been wrestling with his own subconscious ever since the day that he met Jana. It had been almost 3 weeks now and he had yet to say anything to Bob. Needless to say Jana was growing more and more impatient. Jay just would not accept the fact that he needed someone else in life. To him it seemed like a weakness and not just a weakness. It would mean that he was gay. And being gay would make him a target, more so than his mouth already had. Ironically enough it was this very problem that had caused his original need for Bob. When Jay had had enough thinking, and when Bob started to be vocal about the noticeable difference in Jay, Jay had suggested that they go to the mall. And so there they stood in front of the pet store. Bob standing smoking as usual and Jay staring at the kitties in an unusual silence. They had sold most of the days smoke when SHE came walking up. Jay tried to ignore her presence but Bob spotted her first. "Hello." Bob said. Causing Jay to whip around and stare at his companion as he spoke. "Hi," Jana said, "I hear that you guys are the source in these parts and I am in need of some smoke my good men." Though her statements were directed at Bob she would often throw Jay sideways glances, enjoying the look of jealousy in Jay's eyes. "We ain't selling anymore today. You should probably go look for someone else who is still open for business." Jay said without hesitation as he tugged on Bob's trench signaling that they should leave. But it was too late Bob's eyes were transfixed on the girl in front of him. She was a dream come true. She looked like Jay, sounded like Jay, hell she even had the same mannerisms as Jay, but she was female. "What's your name?" Bob asked ignoring Jay's frantic tugging. "Jana." she simply said. "What's you number?" Bob continued. "Blunt aren't we. I don't think i should give my number to a big, scary drug dealer. But you could give me your's and then wait by the phone till I call. If I call." As soon as the words left her mouth Bob was already handing her a piece of rolling paper with his number scrawled on it. "Goodbye Robert." She said walking away. Bob, now in a dazed state followed Jay outta the mall not even wondering how the girl had known his name. ~~~~~~~~~~~~ It had been almost 4 days since the mall encounter and neither of the boys had heard from Jana. Bob was hopeful. Jay was pissed. But then as Jay groggily woke on the 4th morning he found Jana sitting on the edge of his bed. "I came to apologize for the scene at the mall." she said. "Why the fuck did you do that?" Jay nearly screamed. "I got sick of waiting for you to say something to him so i hoped that pointing out how easy it would be to lose him would kick start you." "Yeah, did it work? No! You know why? Because now i really can't say anything to him because that sorry bitch is too busy waiting by the phone for you to call." "You admit that you..." "YES! I love the tubby bitch, is that what you want to hear?! I LOVE BOB! I would give anything to have the courage to say something to him, but no, you fucked it all up for me. I finally come to terms with something that has been eating away at my soul.." "Actually it was more of a nibbling I was feeling.." " whatever, and now he's waiting by that phone for a call from someone who is not me. so, FUCK YOU!" And with that final outburst the tears came. Jay dropped his head to his knees as he felt himself being wrapped in a hug. Once composed again he looked up only to see that Jana was not there. Bob was hugging him. And in one horrified moment he realized that Bob had heard.