Title: Stronger Than Fear Author: Kimmy* (Jay's Baby Kitty) Feedback/E-mail: babykittykimmy13@yahoo.com Summary/Pairing: None yet... Disclaimer: I don't own anyone in this...Kevin Smith, Miramax, other various godlike entities own all rights. As an interesting side note, Kevin Smith also has my soul. *smile* Distribution: Ask me first if you wanna. Archive: Go ahead. *smile* However...mention it to me beforehand, please. Author's Note: Took me long enough, didn't it? Eh, well, I didn't think I'd even do it. here goes it. *g* Immature. Stupid. And alone...he was so alone. Jay was sitting, as he had been for no less than three hours, leaning against the refrigerator, the crumpled note that Silent Bob had left him in his hand. Every so often he would read the paper again...the words were getting harder to read with Jay's sweaty hand crumpling the paper up and unfolding it again and again. He had memorized it after the second time...the repeated readings were only to see the words as Bob had written them. He had fucked up. He had done something worse than anything he could have imagined. The reality of the situation was frightening. Bob was gone. His friend, the only real one he had...gone. His protection, the one who always had his back...gone. And, the most frightening and hard-hitting realization...the only person in the world that he loved, who loved him too...gone. He thought of the words Bob had written..."I love you in spite of it all." This, he thought, was at least something...Bob still loved him. And with this bit of hope shining through, Jay suddenly felt a little better. Good enough to pull himself off the hard kitchen floor, set the worn note on the counter, and start to try to figure out how to get Bob back. After thinking for a minute, Jay realized that there was really only one thing he could do. He walked into Bob's room. All of his clothes were gone, as were a few other things, but a lot had been left behind. Now all Jay had to do was search through everything; there had to be something in there that could help him find Bob. The room wasn't quite as clean as it had been the last time Jay had been in there, and pretty much everything was in piles on the floor. Jay began searching through the piles: picking up books, flipping through the pages, hoping for a slip of paper to fall out; an address, a phone number. After finding two or three small slips of paper with numbers scrawled on them, a few pictures of himself that he didn't even remember being taken, and even one of he and Bob in front of the QuickStop..who had taken that, Jay wondered...Jay began searching through other things on the floor. Finally, he found something he had really been looking for...a slightly-worn looking address book. He opened the book, and wasn't too surprised to find that some of the pages were stained, some stuck together, and some seemed to have been torn from the book. Oh well, at least it was something. Something that might help him find Bob. With the address book and the slips of paper in his hands, Jay walked into the living room, grabbed the phone, and sat down on the couch. He figured the slips of paper were the best bet, they seemed like they might be newer. So he picked up one, looked at the number and dialed. "Hello?" "Hey...is Bob there?" "Bob?" "Silent Bob?" "Ohhh...Silent Bob! No, he's not here, matter of fact I haven't heard from him in a while...months, probably. How is he?" The girl had a valley-girl accent, and she talked so fast that anyone but Jay would have had a really hard time deciphering a word of it. Jay was annoyed. *Really fucking annoyed*. "How is he? What the fuck is wrong with you? If I knew how the fuck he was, do you think I'd be calling some bitch that I don't know from nobody and asking if she knew where he was? Fuckin bitch..." And at that, Jay hung up the phone. And pounded his fist on the table in front of him. "Son of a motherfuckin cocksmokin bitch!" This was going to be even harder than he thought. TBC!