Title: Stronger than Love Author: Kimmy* Feedback/E-mail: mikeyntazzgirl13@yahoo.com Summary/Pairing: Uh...none, really. Disclaimer: I don't own anyone in this...Kevin Smith, Miramax, other various godlike entities own all rights. As an interesting side note, Kevin Smith also has my soul. *smile* Spoilers: (If applicable) Nothing really, slightly deals w/ events in Chasing Amy Distribution: Ask me first if you wanna. Archive: Go ahead. *smile* However...mention it to me beforehand, please. Author's Note: Well...gee, this amazes me, writing out this header. I've watched all of 3 Askewniverse movies, read 1,000,000's of fab stories, and while in other fandoms this is enough for me, I got hit with this idea out of nowhere. First ever fic with these two...feedback, well I adore it. Although I'm already really proud of this one, which surprises me to no end. Anyways, enough with my rambling...on with the story! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Chasing Amy...that story's the biggest bunch of bullshit I've ever heard in my life, Lunchbox. You never chased anything or anyone in your fuckin life," Silent Bob walked on, ignoring his loudmouthed companion. "Girls fallin at your fuckin feet everyfuckinplace we go...for some dumbass reason the bitches like you. I can't see why the fuck for...your silent coat-wearing Jedi shit..." "As if that's what I'm looking for in the first place.." Bob muttered to himself. Jay was really fucking pushing it today. In an unprecedently Jay-like move, he had shut up long enough to pick up on something he didn't need to hear. "What was that, Lunchbox?" "Just shut up, Jay," "Fuck that, Lunchbox. So, that's not what you're looking for? You're about the cock, is that it?" Bob was fucking sick of Jay's shit. He grabbed the front of Jay's shirt and slammed Jay against the nearest wall. "Goddamn it, Jay, I said shut the fuck up. If you don't know what I want, then you're never gonna know, and you don't have any fucking business knowing. Do you want to know what I want, Jay? Do you really want to know? Well, you loudmouthed little bitch, I'll tell you what I want. I want-" "Don't fucking say it, Lunchbox. Fucking forget I asked. Just don't fucking say it." Seemed Bob had at least found a way to shut off the neverending spout of words that poured out of Jay at every waking second. At what cost? The thing was he was pretty sure he already knew. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The trip back to their apartment was more silent than it had ever been. Jay's seeming ability to go on about any and every subject at length until Bob's head nearly exploded from all the meaningless words had been, at least temporarily curtailed. It seemed that the truth was the only thing that Jay couldn't even begin to handle. Bob, for his part, was his usual self from any observer's viewpoint. It was what was going on behind those brown eyes and that face that said so much without the aid of words that was so new. His feelings for the beautiful blonde boy who he spent so much of his life with, bared to the one who was never supposed to know. The reaction was the scariest part. None of the taunting and crudeness that was synonymous with Jay's brash demeanor. Only those words: "Just don't fucking say it." It was high on the list of things he never expected were Jay to ever find out. It almost sounded as though Jay were scared to be forced to think about it. Like if he really thought about it, he would discover something he'd never dreamed was there in himself...This was way too much like hoping, and Bob knew better than to hope. Disappointment was all that hope had ever yielded. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The next few weeks saw the situation grow more odd, with no hope for a resolution. Though they maintained residence in the same home, Jay and Bob never saw each other, save a flash in the corner of their eye occasionally. One day, Jay walked into the apartment after an absolutely shitty day of trying to maintain some cash flow. The buyers didn't seem to come, and anyone who did seemed too much of a threat to deal with without his backup...the one thing he'd at least come close to getting right, and it looked like he had totally fucked it up. Jay approached the fridge to check for a possible beer or two left in the 6 pack...more would be better, stronger shit would be better than that...but whatever he could get at this point. He reached for the handle and noticed a ripped off portion of a piece of lined paper with a scribbled message on it. He removed the magnet holding it onto the fridge and read the obviously hastily scrawled words: "I'm leaving. Don't expect me back. You can have the apartment and anything in it. See how easy it is to make rent without me to back you up. Maybe one day you'll be telling a story to some hopeless fuck the way I did. Good luck on growing up a little, maybe there's still a chance for happiness for you, even without me. Guess that proves it, I love you in spite of it all. Bob" A solitary tear rolled down Jay's cheek, falling with a small drip on the paper he was reading over and over again. Fear was the only thing stronger than love. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ *End*