Title: Tinsel Author: Kelandris the Mad Fandom: View Askewniverse, general (Mallrats maybe) Pairing: Jay / Silent Bob Rating: PG smarm, PG-13 for language Status: New Archive: wherever you want, full permission, just lemme know about it. No, I don't believe grabbing it from the list requires a note. :> E-mail address for feedback: kelandris@drakmail.net Series/Sequel: Next year maybe? Disclaimers: All characters belong to Kevin Smith and View Askewniverse. If I really get into this, I probably will too. Or at least go into hock when I walk into a video store, go into rut, and buy all the DVDs at once. Notes: Ren jumped in first, but I had this vision of Jay in a jingle- bell hat and...well, from thence cometh the plot bunny. Summary: Jay and Bob help out in Santa's Village. Warnings: Kissing, fondling, public embarrassment, GOOFY outfits. "Tinsel" by Kelandris "Man, I hate this shit," said Jay, scratching his back. There was an itch there he just couldn't quite reach, and it was driving him crazy. Silent Bob shh-ed him warningly, gesturing with a head flip at the line of kids moving slowly towards Santa. Jay sneered, rolling his eyes. "I wanna cigarette. And TS so owes us for this one, man. He better come through with the cash after this, or I'm gonna ho ho ho all over his flat ass!" Miserable, he looked out at the crowd, not at all pleased about seeing people he knew, snickering at him. Fuck, man, who wouldn't, the costumes they were in? Jay wore this clingy little green thing, with a little flip skirt, for God's sake, and bright red hose. He even had a hat to match--a bright red one, with green trim, and a row of brass jingle bells on all the points. His shoes even had bells-- gold to match the gold and red of the pointy little elf shoes--and they'd even given him these monster green elf ears which would have sent Spock into hysterics. That's where he drew the line--fuck if he was gonna be able to land airplanes by shrugging, *thank* you, *no*. 'Course, as bad as it was for him, what they'd done to Silent Bob...it was criminal. Bob looked like Santa's least favorite science experiment. They'd shoehorned him into an extra Santa jacket, and run over to some skanky department store for two pairs of extra-large hose, and the girls, giggling, had spray-painted them green. He'd agreed to the big ears, as well as an extra plush Santa hat, sitting askew on his head. Frankly, he looked like Swamp Thing on a bender through the North Pole. TS had begged them to help out, as he'd come down with laryngitis at the last minute. Jay couldn't figure out why it mattered--it wasn't like they said anything, just stood there like total freaks and waved occasionally, or scowled, in his case. Funny, how well Bob was taking all this, waving at the little kids, helping some of the nervous ones up to the official Santa's Helpers, the wenches in the red and white skirt sets who'd been giggling so hard over Bob. He couldn't wait until this day was over with. No day more screamed out for a bong of the best, and he found himself counting the kids still in line. Six, five, four, three, two-finally, the last kid, sitting goggle-eyed on Santa's lap, and waiting for the picture, and snap! Thank God. They were outta there. On their way back to Santa's Changing Room, located behind Santa's big fat ass in Santa's big chair, Silent Bob goosed him and he yelped, looking around quickly. Bob shrugged, grinning. "Can't help it. You have nice legs." Jay leaned in, his expression demonic as he advanced on Bob. "Nice legs, I'll show you nice legs, you fat bitch..." He cornered him next to the huge tree, knocking him into it with a chiming of ornaments and a fluttering of tinsel falling on them both. Then he leaned in, kissing Bob like he'd wanted to do all day, feeling Bob hold him tight, protective as hell. **Damn, boy,** he thought. **You are just too hot to be walking around looking like that.** The bells on their outfits jangled loudly as their hands wandered, lifting what they could, diving under waistbands, stroking down nylon- covered legs. Jay heard titters and jumped back, flushing. On the other side of the tree, he saw the three Santa girls, giggling in high-pitched voices. He coughed, staring at them. "What? Clutz here fell down, I hadda help him up, what were *you* thinking?" One of the girls pointed to him, touching her nose, and he looked down, his eyes crossing. Shaking his head, he pulled the strand of tinsel off his nose and stalked into the changing room, ripping off bits of tinsel as he went. "I am sick of this shit," he muttered, slamming the door behind him. Over the top of it, he could just make out Silent Bob, sitting in the midst of the wreckage of that side of the tree, laughing so hard the tree shook like a bowlful of jelly. END **************